So my lovely quilty friend Nicole of https://handwroughtquilts.wordpress.com/ nominated be for this lovely recognition. Thanks! I have many friends, met through a variety of ways, but I have been slowly building a network of people with a passion for quilting like me. Some connect only through the fabric, but others become friends through the connection. Nicole is always so encouraging of my quilty endeavours and other plans in life.
Here’s my award:)
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the image of the award on your post.
- List seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
So, 7 things about me
- I am inspired and fueled by the colours around me.
- I love the wizard of Oz. ( lots of bright colour there)
- I love to bake, but cook out of necessity (hmm that’s like my mom)
- I am good at puzzles, train tracks, transformers, and general spatial awareness.
- I love numbers and math
- I am a very gracious loser, but not a very good winner.
- I believe in-get up, dress up, show up. in other words, if you prepare yourself and put yourself out there, you can do anything.
Hmm, it’s weird when you have to come up with stuff about yourself.
I have been blogging for less than a year, but I have followed and read many quilt blogs over the years. Here are some literally lovely blogs that I would like to nominate.
https://quimperhitty.wordpress.com/ is an enchanting blog about the adventures of the Hitty family of dolls, made by a woman I met at a class early this year.
Kitty Wilkin is https://nightquilter.com/ She grabbed me with her colour inspiration days.
Lynn Harris of http://thelittleredhen.typepad.com/ is amazing. Her eye for detail and fabric history is amazing.
Kristy Pedersen of http://fogandswell.com/blog/ is an inspiring Nature enthusiast, artist( in paint, ink and fabric) and writer. Plus I am her very proud older sister!
Now, I need to get organized. I get to present a block lotto at my guild meeting tonight. Again, thanks to Nicole for helping with the handouts and tweaking my directions and palette. Here’s a peek.