I even quilt at the ballpark! and in between games at home.
The baseball t-shirt quilt has come together well.
next up, to back and quilt. I decided not to use batting. There is heavy blue and white fleece as the backing, which I have found is enough for bulk and comfort.
I started with stitching 1/2″ inside each block, but decided it still wasn’t enough to hold it well together. After a bit of discussion with other quilty friends, I decided to free-motion quilt around each “Lakehill”. This came together surprisingly fast, with a pretty good result. Different colour thread to match each shirt.
I really enjoy free motion quilting, but forget when I haven’t done it in awhile. Just better do more of it I guess:)
Now for the part I can take to a ball game. Binding.
Half done. I used to make larger binding, but find that cutting 2 1/4″ strips and pressing that in half makes a nice size edge. Slightly soft but not too floppy. The added bonus of doing binding in the stands is to create interest for a potential buyer at the silent auction. And maybe interest in a commission. maybe:)