time flies

And a week flew by…

I decided I needed a new project! Hahaha, yeah right.  But I came across something I wanted to do.  Making a quilt for a silent auction or fund raiser is something I have long thought about.  I have been thinking about doing a baseball quilt for such a purpose.  After brainstorming and searching for ideas, I just didn’t have a clear image of what I wanted to make.  Now, I have seen many versions of t-shirts quilts and I have made a few memory quilts with a few t-shirts in them.  Our baseball park was having a sale to clear out old t-shirts, jerseys, hats, and other gear.  Ooh! I thought.  Logo t-shirts here I come.  And the ballpark let me have them for free when I told them my intention.  With about a dozen cut, I am at 36″x24″.

DSC03971

Lots to go and I have put it out to others in the ballpark with the hopes of getting more shirts. Cutting logos off t-shirts makes for a lot of waste fabric.

DSC03973

I also bought some fabric for fill in spots.

DSC03975Can’t wait to get enough and put it together.

I also made a few more blocks for my Canada 150 sampler quilt this week.

DSC03970

The other block I made is intended to be like the prairies seen from the sky.

DSC03979

Image result for patchwork prairies from the sky

hmm, not quite, but the image is conveyed for me.  And it is tough to make images with only 2 colours.

That’s all I have for now.  Time to get some rest before the new week begins.